Yocto Project and Openembedded development training
Yocto course run by a certified Yocto Project Participant
KOAN has been contributing to Openembedded since 2009 and is Yocto Project Participant since 2012. KOAN provides Yocto Project technical support and professional linux embedded development, consultancy and trainig services combining the freedom of open source software with the security of full commercial support.
Learn how to build and run embedded Linux systems with the Yocto Project and OpenEmbedded.
If you don't want to waste your time performing time consuming tasks during the course, this crash course is perfect for you.
In order to save time, some sections are abbreviated or skipped, depending on the needs and interests of the audience.
The Yocto Project is an open source collaboration project that provides templates, tools and methods to help you create custom Linux-based systems for embedded products regardless of the hardware architecture. The Yocto Project includes the Poky Build System as one of its components, which is a derivative of and is compatible with the OpenEmbedded Build System.
This course is designed to jump-start embedded development projects using the Yocto Project and to give software engineers a solid understanding of the build process from compilation over packaging to creating a bootable image. Upon mastering you will have a solid understanding of:
- The Poky and Bitbake build process with its recipes and layers to customize Linux kernel and packages for a custom embedded application
- Building Linux images for different profiles and across multiple architectures
- The use of emulators for verification
- The creation of board support packages (BSP) for their target hardware
- You will step through all phases of embedded Linux development using the Yocto Project with laboratory exercises on an embedded target device to provide hands-on practice you can take directly to your projects.
Students are expected to provide their own computers for the class.
- Understanding the Yocto Project
- Using it to build a root filesystem and run it on your target
- Using Yocto to create your toolchain
- Writing and extending recipes
- Creating layers
- Integrating your board in a BSP
- Creating custom images
- Remote debugging of application
At the end of this course, you will be ready to use the Yocto Project to develop your own embedded Linux system and the application running on it.
- Date : Bergamo or at customer site
- Participants: Minimum 5, maximum 10.
For more detailed information, please refer to the italian page (link below)
- Data: vedi questo link
- Luogo : Bergamo città
- Lingua : Italiano
- Scheda utilizzata: BeagleBoneBlack
- Numero partecipanti: massimo 10
- Minimo iscrizioni: il corso si terrà solo al raggiungimento di un minimo di 5 persone
- Programma del corso: vedi questo link
- Prezzo: contattaci